[RTTY] GU0SUP WPX SOABLP

Phil Cooper Phil.Cooper at cwgg.cwplc.com
Mon Feb 10 11:02:35 EST 2003

Hi all,

Well, conditions were certainly better than they have been of late, and it
was great to see the higher bands open.
My aim this year was 500 QSO's for 500k points, but I fell well short of
that.
Great to see so much activity, and some very "novel" calls out there for
this one. KY4KY and WI0WA were great!
Some very slick ops out there, such as TI5N and 9G5GA, who kept the pile
rolling, and handled them really well.
I don't think there were any all time new ones for me, but I am hoping to
get a few band-fills for my DXCC totals.
15m was the best here, as the score shows, and what a treat to bag KH7X. I
also saw Walt AH6OZ, but he was S&P and I couldn't make him hear me.

On the downside, there was some very bad operating practice from a few
stations! When I was in S&P mode, a few kept calling me over and over, to
the point that I had to repeat the exchange several times. And I agree with
Shelby when he mentioned the way some folk use GU0SUP GU0SUP GU0SUP DE
$%*^^&*)*^%$£  I know my own call, it's YOURS I need!
Many of these folk also don't seem to have a buffer for a repeat of the
serial number, and it isn't the same to simply send your report twice!
I'm also cautious of accepting RGR UR 599 001 001 QSL? BK as an exchange. I
am sure I got logged by a few that won't be in mine!

I also thought self-spotting was not allowed, in any way, shape or form? If
not, then why were some callsigns spotting everything that called them?
I saw a few spots for good DX at times, and when I came across the
frequency, it was the person who had sent the spot that was on frequency.
It is a bit obvious if I send DX 21101 A51B WPX and it is me on that
frequency.

Here is what I managed in about 20 hours:

Band 	QSO's  Q Pts	Prefixes
80m: 	   1      	  4	  1
40m:	  47	192	  33
20m:	 101	218	  53
15m:	 191	434	 122
10m:	 124	328	 104
Totals:	464	1176	313
Claimed score:   368088

Writelog 10.39C + MMTTY v1.62
IC756 running about 60 watts into a half G5RV.

Thanks to all for the points, and the fun.
Will try and be in the ARRL CW contest next weekend!
73 de Phil GU0SUP

and intended solely for the use of the individual to whom
they are addressed. If you have received this email in error
please notify the author immediately and delete it, together
with all copies, from your system.  You are unauthorised to
directly, or indirectly, use, disclose, distribute, print or copy
any part of this message if you are not its intended recipient.
 Any views or opinions expressed are solely those of the
author and do not necessarily represent those of
Cable and Wireless Guernsey.

Information held on any of Cable and Wireless Guernseys'
computer systems is the property of Cable and Wireless Guernsey.
Cable and Wireless Guernsey reserves the right to monitor
and review the content of all information, messages and
attachments sent to or from this e-mail address.