[RTTY] no show in bartg

Jerry Pixton jpixton at shentel.net
Mon Jan 30 07:07:45 EST 2006

All,

I had hopes of putting in a few hours of practice during the Sprint.

However since Friday and Saturday were warmer here I decided I
had better lower the beam to find out why the cables were being pulled
apart when I rotated the beam to near south.

What I found Friday was that the weight of the good LMR600 coax had
pulled everything down the lanyard in spite of cable ties every foot or so.
The result was that the flexible cable RG-213 from the rotor to the baluns
was tight even in the slack position (north).

So I fixed all that; so I thought and got the beam back up.

Saturday morning before starting the Sprint I looked at the cables while
my wife rotated the beam. Coming back around from 270 back to 180, the
cables hung up on the bolts sticking out from the sides of the thrust bearing!

So Saturday was spent lower the beam, retying the cables (with muffler
clamps) to the boom and the hazer cage, I tried to raise the beam again. But
this time I severely bent the bracket that holds the dipole pulleys. So down
again - go to store to buy more angle bracket. ETC

I did get to listen to 40 m for a few minutes before bed time. hi

Oh, well the beam can point south now for 3y0x.

cul in wpx

Jerry, W6IHG
Dr. Jerry R. Pixton, PIXOS Designs LLC
jpixton at shentel.net