[RTTY] An open letter to Shelby, K4WW

Phil Sussman psussman at pactor.com
Sun Jul 23 12:17:48 EDT 2006

I'm not really into contesting anymore, but I agree with Rick
and Shelby that something ought to be done to separate the
average Joe, SO1R, operation from the obsessive point gatherers.

Call it "Unlimited" -vs- "limited" or "SO1R" -vs- "SOxR", the
boundary is clear enough. Those everyday, plain Jane, operators
are being shut out ... be it by overzealous operators and
stations that rival the communications ability of some third
world country.

While I might not participate in the current RTTY point grabs,
I'd be more inclined to operate under less intense conditions.

My opinion, from Ohio..

Phil Sussman - N8PS