[RTTY] PK232 start-up probs

Eric - VE3GSI ve3gsi at sympatico.ca
Mon Nov 19 17:19:32 EST 2007

Hi Ted,

Running one here with XP - not a problem.

If you do not have a battery I believe you must use the auto-start routine
every time after the unit has been switched off. So for now, I would leave
any jumpers in default position, do a reset by pulling the battery (go have
a coffee) and then connecting it back. (Or however your unit is reset).

To test - stay with the Hyperterminal program. Create a profile and name it
'Test' and make sure the connect to is the physical port the unit is
connected too. I believe you can use pseudo ports like those used with USB >
serial, but have not verified it on my system.

Try using 9600 baud with N,8,1 protocol and start dropping the speed back
after each try.

Once you verify you have communications with hyperterminal then it is safe
to test with any radio program.

73 Eric - VE3GSI