[RTTY] rig recomendations

Andrei Stchislenok asnp3d at gmail.com
Mon Apr 28 20:46:18 EDT 2008

I agree with Jack. This was a good radio, but time is time - everything and
everybody are getting old and tired...
Capacitots are drying out - the most common issue in all oldies...

If you like kenwood (I do) I would suggest to look for TS-850SAT, or
TS-870S. A little bit more expensive, but relatively fresh horses with newer
parts and functions.
I use TS-570DG - like it soo much. This is my back up radio. I was looking
to buy TS-870S - it is hard to find piece of art, not so many people willing
to sell it.

My two cents

73's Andrei NP3D

2008/4/28, Jack West XP <w7ld at theriver.com>:

> Lee,
>
> I bought a Kenwood TS-940Sat brand new, with all the goodies and filters
> in 1988.
> That radio has earned 32 1st place certs in CW and RTTY contesting.  I
> think that
> is pretty amazing service to say the least.
>
> Presently, it is starting to give me problems with intermittent
> transmit.  Suddenly the
> output power will drop to a few watts. all unexpectedly.  I must power the
> radio
> quickly off, then back on, and it will continue to operate norrmally any
> where from
> a half and hour to all night.  Occassionally the CW pitch will change on
> its own.
>
> My point is this.  My TS-940 is getting tired.  The TS-930 is one
> generation older.
> I would look for a newer radio if you can afford it.  My two cents.
>
> 73
> de Jack / W7LD / "Lucky Dog"

73's Andrei
EW1AR-NP3D