[RTTY] U.S.A CONTEST

Derek Steele pixie at spiceisle.com
Sun Jul 20 23:10:55 EDT 2008

I can say that I experienced the same thing like Luis - HP1ALX during the contest. In S&P mode I was not answered by at least 4 stations and had 2 other stations QSY a few Hz down and start calling CQ again after I had called them on their original frequency. So I decided not to S&P anymore and just called CQ after that and finished the contest earlier than planned.
There was one station in particular who I did apologise to for calling him after he was not too keen to give me a report. I would also like to apologise to anyone whose toes I did step on or aggravate during the contest.
I know that it is indeed a contest mainly for U.S. participants, but at least the courtesy of an answer would have been nice.
Anyways, I did have a blast and will like to say thanks to all those who called in and hope to see you next time around. Thanks Andrei and  Shelby for calling in.

73's  - Derek - J39BS