[RTTY] Good Observations in RTTY RU

Bill, W6WRT dezrat1242 at yahoo.com
Mon Jan 5 23:27:40 EST 2009

ORIGINAL MESSAGE:

On Mon, 5 Jan 2009 20:34:07 -0700, "Dick-w0raa" <w0raa at comcast.net>
wrote:

>I had stations send me the following: W0RAA 599 AL AL W0RAA.  Makes no
>sense.

REPLY:

Maybe, maybe not.

I send it that way because often there are two or more stations
calling me and I want to be sure everyone knows which one I am sending
it to. If I send your call only once like this W0RAA 599 CA CA W6WRT
it is likely your call will get buried by other stations who are still
calling me. Sending it twice improves the chances of everybody knowing
who I am working.

There is no one way of doing it which fits all situations. Over a
period of time you will get a feel for what works best, i.e., fewest
requests for a repeat.  Trying to figure it out is half the fun.

Bill, W6WRT