[RTTY] CQ to accept EQSL for awards

Peter Laws plaws0 at gmail.com
Mon Oct 5 13:20:01 PDT 2009

On Mon, Oct 5, 2009 at 15:08, Christopher Burke <chris at n9yh.com> wrote:

> and getting verified as a courtesy to those who do use the system.  Getting
> verified is easy - you just enter your LOTW callsign and password and there
> you go. You have to be verified for your "cards" to count for some of their

Seriously?  Did I misread what you wrote?  I need to give eQSL total
access to my LoTW account to get "verified"?  Not this ham.

> Having to sign your files and backup your keys and all that nonsense for
> LOTW is a real drag.  And just so everyone can be extra, extra sure I didn't
> make up a WAS or DXCC?  Oh, come on - these awards aren't that important.

Actually, signing your logs proves that you were the one that uploaded
them - nothing more.  I think some of ARRL's policies about
certificates (i.e. requiring a new certificate for a callsign with a
self-assigned indicator), but I'm OK with having to sign logs.

I have other issues with LoTW, too, but requiring stations to sign
their logs is not one of them,

Signing my logs is pretty transparent with DXLab - sorry your logger
isn't the same!