[RTTY] [MMTTY] new to RTTY

Bill, W6WRT dezrat1242 at yahoo.com
Mon Oct 18 19:31:29 PDT 2010

ORIGINAL MESSAGE:

On Mon, 18 Oct 2010 14:40:27 -0700, "Tom Osborne" <w7why at frontier.com>
wrote:

>Right on Bill.
>
>But, don't put the {enter} at the end of the macro.  That just makes you
>have to chase the information up the screen.
>
>I had one station send:
>K5XYZ (not real call)
>K5XYZ
>K5XYZ.
>
>Every time I'd go to click on the call, it would jump away from the mouse
>pointer.  73
>Tom W7WHY

REPLY:

Right, I agree. That problem can be fixed however if you are using N1MM
Logger. Just put {END}{CLRRX} at the end of each macro EXCEPT for the F5
macro. That clears the screen after each macro and thus each line stays
in place until the print fills the screen. If your screen area is at
least six or seven lines tall, the screen will most likely never fill up
and the target for your mouse will be stationary.

There is a tradeoff with this - clearing the screen prevents using the
scrollback function, so be sure you have captured what you want before
sending the next macro.  :-)

It's a great feature. Took me years to discover it but now I wouldn't
want to do a contest without it.

73, Bill W6WRT