[RTTY] Yep Boooo

Anthony W. DePrato wa4jqs at mikrotec.com
Fri Jul 22 07:40:20 PDT 2011

just came in from the shack.. on my wall is
DXCC CW  RTTY PHONE and MIXED.
As far as i am concerned CW and RTTY were modes long before the word
Digi was around. i still have the first DXCC submission qsls on the
wall. i sent 200 qsls in back in the early 70's most of them were
made on AM... wonder if i can send  them and get a DXCC AM ???  guess
i do need to do that as back then the ARRL did not care what band you
worked them on. Also only need one state for WAS AM going to dig out
45+ years of qsls and my old logs and see what i can find. sad to say
most are sk's now or changed their calls so going to be a tough project..

So tell me this is CW and RTTY still a DIGI mode if  when i worked
them the word DIGI did not was not known ?
hi hi.. something to bring the brains out of the woodwork ...
73 Tony wa4jqs

Anthony W.  DePrato WA4JQS
Since Sept 9th 1962
CQ DX HALL OF FAME # 39
DXCC HONOR ROLL
FOUNDER SOUTH SANDWICH ISLAND DX GROUP 1988
CALLS HELD
VP8BZL VP8SSI 3Y0PI ZD8JQS V31SS WA4JQS/ZS1 WA4JQS/KC4 WA4JQS/4K1
ZUT DE WA4JQS