[RTTY] CAT control on a Kenwood TS-870

Vince rradiohham232 at sbcglobal.net
Wed Feb 15 11:03:57 PST 2012

I sent this out yesterday with no text, and had several interesting
reply's, but not the one I was looking for, so I will try again, maybe I
will get it right this time.

What is the proper cable to use with CAT control on a Kenwood TS-870 ? I
tried a serial cable and it is not working, using Writelog, I have the
port and baud rate set OK. I am using a USB to Serial converter, could
this be part of the problem? this setup worked before with a Kenwood
TS-450.

I have used CAT control with my Icom radios with no problems, I am
trying to help a friend with his Kenwood.

TIA
Vince, K6BIR