[RTTY] US call signs (BARTG)

Peter Laws plaws at plaws.net
Tue Jan 8 12:04:32 EST 2013

On Tue, Jan 8, 2013 at 10:02 AM, Dave Rozzana <n6pz at live.com> wrote:
> This whole discussion, although fun, has caused me to obtain another certificate from the ARRL for N6PZ/7. It took only a few minutes and "viola", I had the new certificate back in the e-mail from them. I now

Living in Illinois and playing in the BARTG was  why I had to get a
cert for N5UWY/9.  Sadly, I didn't keep as close track as I should
have as to which contests I used the /9 and which I didn't.  DXLabs
would have let me straighten that out, but I thought I knew better ...
and have several hundred zombies in LOTW (out of about 14k) to show
for it.  "Trust the Suite, Luke".

The fact that US hams are not forced to change calls when we move
within FCC jurisdiction makes it hard for some contests but as noted
there is no rule stopping you from adding a self-assigned indicator to
your callsign.