[RTTY] BoD votes LoTW initiatives

Phil Sussman psussman at pactor.com
Fri Jul 26 12:51:11 EDT 2013

Not to beat a dead horse, however there are two unrelated factors at
work.

First, there supposed limits on message content. Who reviews messages
handled by third party forwarding? How are violations of content
handled -- message deleted? Sender advised of content violations?
Is there any policing of message content at all? Is the protocol open
and available for anyone listening on the ham bands to screen them?

Second,(pre-transmit monitoring aside) the operating bandwidth is very
important. Emissions should be segregated by bandwidth. When we have a
data emission that borders between narrow and image, it really doesn't
belong in the CW portion of a band. Perhaps there is some middle ground
allocation available for transmissions that occupy 2.8Khz as opposed to
500Hz.

Just my opinion .. thanks for reading.

de Phil - N8PS

--------