[RTTY] Courtesy

Shoppa, Tim tshoppa at wmata.com
Wed Oct 2 08:48:27 EDT 2013

GL3DI writes:
>  How about making the sending of the name, TU, and greetings ( GA, GE or whatever) a mandatory thing? If everybody HAD to send those, RTTY would be seen in a new light of a Gentleman's Mode.

I really enjoy several North American contests (ARRL Sweepstakes; NAQP; NA Sprint) that take at least one of these steps by including the name. Sweepstakes and NA Sprint in particular, also require sending both sides call signs in every exchange, something else I enjoy.

I think non-NA station are allowed to enter such events and there is always some EU, SA, and even JA participation in those events.

That said... those events are clearly not quite in the same spirit as CQ WW.

Maybe the closest we have for RTTY right now, is ARRL RTTY Roundup, which does in fact have a lot of international participation.

Tim N3QE