[RTTY] FT5ZM RTTY is a zoo

Joe Subich, W4TV lists at subich.com
Sun Feb 2 21:39:40 EST 2014

> Reducing DXCC or WAZ to only mixed awards (no band or mode
> distinctions) might have an effect.

DXCC has no award for working all bands on all modes.  DXCC
Challenge is one per band regardless of mode (CW, Phone/Image,
or Digital).  DXCC CW, DXCC Phone, DXCC Digital are once on
the mode - a good operator can cover all of them with 10 QSOs
make it 12 if the first 10 are all one mode.

5BWAZ is mixed mode only, 160 and 6M WAZ are mixed mode only.
The other single band WAZ are single mode - I suppose someone
could try to work all single band awards on each mode but it
is still not likely than anyone would need a top 50 DXpedition
to fill all the slots for WAZ CW, WAZ SSB and WAZ RTTY in a given
zone - most zones have some relatively common DX located in them.

73,

    ... Joe, W4TV