[RTTY] Change in pileup procedure?

Bill Turner dezrat1242 at wildblue.net
Wed Feb 5 07:50:05 EST 2014

ORIGINAL MESSAGE:          (may be snipped)

On 2/5/2014 3:36 AM, Steve IK4WMH wrote:
> I fail to understand how you can find a clear frequency in a
> FT5ZM-like case.

REPLY:

Spread out more. We often jam ourselves into a few kHz, when we have the
entire RTTY sub band available. As long as you find a clear frequency in
the sub band, you have every right to use it.

Keep in mind the four main advantages you would be gaining:

1. No interference from jammers on the DX frequency.
2. No interference for non-split lids on the DX frequency. In fact, just
the opposite: They free up a slot for the calling stations and bother no
one but other non-split lids.
3. No more Kops with their UP UP UP (often with obscenities) and no more
lids telling the Kops where to go etc, etc.
4. You don't need to work split. Simplex is all you need. Even ancient
rigs with only one VFO can do just fine.

I think it's worth a try.

73, Bill W6WRT