[RTTY] 2 tone vs MMTTY

Salvatore Irato iw1ayd at gmail.com
Wed Jun 11 17:51:27 EDT 2014

TU Dave for the informative replay, I'd appreciated a lot.
What you wrote would mean that it's better to use 2tone on higher tones
and FLDIGI for somewhat not so higher tones. Isn't?
2Tone for tones up than 2000 Hz and, maybe, FLDIGI for somewhat around
1500 and upper tones.
As to take advantage from the SSB TX filter used also in DATA modes.

BTW since I use FSK in TX I am still sticking into MMTTY for the main
windows. The K3 FSK is not that bad if a lot of operators could jump
near me, < 500 Hz, when I am HP and aiming to JA ... 30/40 G north.
2Tone then is a twice advantage, until the rattling become more worst
for me than for my rate.
Weak signals are anyway lost, I must move often.

        73 de iw1ayd Salvo

PS I now hate to use the mouse to click on RTTY tones ;-<