[RTTY] RM-11708 Vision of the future

Jay WS7I ws7ik7tj at gmail.com
Fri Mar 14 13:10:26 EDT 2014

Okay, I would suggest hitting the delete key, however, why are these
updates necessary?  Why are these regulations outdated?  Gross
generalization that is not proven in any facts.  There is nothing
holding back experimentation.  In fact these changes are unduely and on
purpose restrictive.  Why a 2.8 kHz limit?  Oh, the ARRL doesn't want
spread spectrum but does want antique military modes (anything that fits
in 2.8 kHz is an antique mode like 110A/B which  done on a soundcard
barely works as good as amateur modes.

Hardware.  Most manufactures like SCS, Hal Communications and others
sell most of their equipment in either 3rd party countries for HF use or
to a very small minority of users in the U.S.  How many RMS stations are
there that will run Pactor IV ?  100??

Jay