[RTTY] Response to ARRL request for inputs for new Band Plan

Terry ab5k at hotmail.com
Sun Mar 16 14:22:11 EDT 2014

Yes I agree the band plan should address beacons.   The current ARRL Band
Plan includes the NCDXF beacons and the current region 2 band plan allows
beacons from 14.099 to 14.101.   So if we modify the current ARRL plan or
modifying the region 2 plan, there are place holders for a small segment for
beacons that should be carried forward into a recommended plan.

In my experience beacon interference is very small when compared to the
interference we are getting from the unattended packet operations.
Unattended packet and making sure that RM-11708 experiments are outside
primary digital sub bands are the main issues that need to be addressed.