[RTTY] Response to ARRL request for inputs for new Band Plan

Ron Kolarik rkolarik at neb.rr.com
Sun Mar 16 17:45:03 EDT 2014

Terry I already sent my comments in with the suggestion they try to follow
the IARU bandplan to bring the US into better alignment with the rest of the
world. I also pointed out the recommendation to limit ACDS activity in
the same bandplan.

A part of my comments dealt with RM-11708, I won't repeat the whole thing
here but here's an excerpt concerning "transparency" from HQ.

If this is the case then why was RM-11708 filed with no member input? The RM is poorly worded and serves only a minority of the
amateur community. According to the in favor comments it's all about Winlink and legalizing Pactor4. A large number of the in favor
comments are cut and paste from a solicitation by K4CJX, the Winlink network admin, posted on a few marine forums. The whole mess is
just RM-11306 lite and should be scrapped and started over with input from the amateur community. If the ARRL is interested in
transparency it might be a good idea to post the responses to this survey in their entirety. The results of the last survey for
RM-11306 were never published we only had the word of K1ZZ that there was "significant" support, the comments on the FCC site told a
different story. To say there is a lack of trust from the membership is an understatement.

73,
Ron
K0IDT