[RTTY] RTTY Contest Operating

Bill Turner dezrat at outlook.com
Thu Feb 18 10:39:19 EST 2016

On Wed, 17 Feb 2016 23:25:42 -0800, Ed wrote:

>For stations that worked 1000 QSOs, it amounts to 3 additional QSOs across
>the entire 30 hours for single-op scoring.  That's a 0.3% increase in QSOs
>or score.  Unlikely to change the OOF (Order of Finish) in the results.

REPLY:

How would you feel if you lost first place by two QSOs?

The same issue exists with call signs. I could shave several minutes
by changing to a four character call, but WRT is my initials and I'm
keeping it. Besides I rarely ever work every minute of the contest
anyway, but for those who do it could be significant.

The bottom line is there is a balance between length of macros and
logging accuracy. Finding that balance is half the fun, at least for
me.

73, Bill W6WRT