[RTTY] RTTY Contest Operating

Ed Muns ed at w0yk.com
Thu Feb 18 12:38:23 EST 2016

I know that there are many factors that account for more than a 2 QSO
difference and any of those factors could have played out differently.  I
look at the forest, not a single tree.  For example, there are a lot more
than 2 QSOs in any good sized log which are busted calls that aren't
detected by log checking software.  The entrant is getting QSO credit they
don't deserve.  Life isn't perfect and contest scores aren't either.

I'm lost on the "balance between length of macros and
logging accuracy" comment.  I thought this thread was about minute
differences in the transmission time of 599 vs. 5NN and impact on final QSO
count or score.

Ed W0YK

Bill W6WRT wrote:

How would you feel if you lost first place by two QSOs?

The same issue exists with call signs. I could shave several minutes
by changing to a four character call, but WRT is my initials and I'm
keeping it. Besides I rarely ever work every minute of the contest
anyway, but for those who do it could be significant.

The bottom line is there is a balance between length of macros and
logging accuracy. Finding that balance is half the fun, at least for
me.

73, Bill W6WRT