[RTTY] Q Rate Killers

Ross rbiggar at ihug.co.nz
Tue Sep 27 02:59:56 EDT 2016

The comments in this discussion may be ok for all you contesters in the US.
But come down here to NZ, where I had to try to work into the US, against hams with there beams pointed into Europe and busy working each other.
You need a bit of time to be able to be able to sort out a callsign, and also the state.
As a matter of interest a number of times I had to request the state separately.  Which wastes time, also a number ofstations did not sign off with TU

I was working 15, 20, 40m single, unassisted, and got over 500 contacts only working about 30hours.
A a matter of interest my max rate at one stage for one hour was about 60, shown on N1mm, but mainly on 15m.

Regards
Ross
ZL1N