[RTTY] I may have missed something

Larry lknain at nc.rr.com
Mon Mar 13 07:23:02 EDT 2017

I had never heard a DXpedition operate that way. For contests I have
heard it but there unless you are a somewhat rare multiplier I am not
likely to remain on frequency waiting for "Now...". A downside of the
skimmer/Now approach is that it tends to encourage constant calling and
DXpeditions rarely need to encourage that kind of behavior. In a list
operation there are breaks usually to know if I am "on the list" so that
there is not the constant calling (or at least, not as much). Running
from the "other side" my MMTTY window looked like a scope trace of a DC
signal with ripple for 3-4kHz and no break when I called someone. They
are no doubt seeing the same thing.

73, Larry W6NWS