[SCCC] Re: WPX

Dennis Vernacchia dennisv@qualcomm.com
Wed, 23 May 2001 11:39:18 -0700

--=====================_1230897563==_.ALT

Jay,

         How sure are you that the transformer is the source
of the problem in the AL-80 ? I've never seen one go yet, though
band switches are temperamental but last long if one doesn't brain fade
and switch it WHILE Transmitting !

         What are the symptoms exhibited by the AL-80 ?
Do you have HIGH LINE voltage problems there....if so,m there is
a tap to set  on the input to the transformer to deal with that condx.

73, Dennis N6KI

At 11:19 AM 5/23/01 -0700, you wrote:
>Dennis,
>
>This address should work.  Please pass this around to the guys in the club
>for me.  I am sorry about the bad setup.
>
>At this time none of my gear is not working.  The transformer started
>shorting out on the AL-80A, then the transmitter section of the Omni-V
>stopped working and now the transmitter section of the HW-8 has failed also.
>I do not know when I will be able to troubleshoot the gear and get parts
>ordered, but I know that I cannot possibly be ready by next weekend.
>
>I am really sorry, because you (not just the club, you personally) have done
>a lot to help me and I feel badly that I cannot be there for you.
>
>I THINK that the problem with the TenTec is the reed relay for transmit,
>which is a small WABASH 1925-3-2 circuit board mount relay.  I need to make
>sure by troubleshooting and then order a couple from TT.  This is the second
>relay of this type that has gone, and I am tempted to replace all of them in
>the Omni-5 with new ones, and not see this failure happen again.
>
>Good luck in the contest.
>
>J.

--=====================_1230897563==_.ALT

<x-tab>&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;</x-tab>How sure
are you that the transformer is the source<br>
of the problem in the AL-80 ? I've never seen one go yet, though<br>
band switches are temperamental but last long if one doesn't brain
fade<br>
and switch it WHILE Transmitting !<br>
<x-tab>&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;</x-tab>What are
the symptoms exhibited by the AL-80 ?<br>
Do you have HIGH LINE voltage problems there....if so,m there is<br>
a tap to set&nbsp; on the input to the transformer to deal with that
condx.<br>
73, Dennis N6KI<br>
At 11:19 AM 5/23/01 -0700, you wrote:<br>
This address should work.&nbsp; Please pass this around to the guys in
the club<br>
for me.&nbsp; I am sorry about the bad setup.<br>
At this time none of my gear is not working.&nbsp; The transformer
started<br>
shorting out on the AL-80A, then the transmitter section of the
Omni-V<br>
stopped working and now the transmitter section of the HW-8 has failed
also.<br>
I do not know when I will be able to troubleshoot the gear and get
parts<br>
ordered, but I know that I cannot possibly be ready by next
weekend.<br>
I am really sorry, because you (not just the club, you personally) have
done<br>
a lot to help me and I feel badly that I cannot be there for you.<br>
I THINK that the problem with the TenTec is the reed relay for
transmit,<br>
which is a small WABASH 1925-3-2 circuit board mount relay.&nbsp; I need
to make<br>
sure by troubleshooting and then order a couple from TT.&nbsp; This is
the second<br>
relay of this type that has gone, and I am tempted to replace all of them
in<br>
the Omni-5 with new ones, and not see this failure happen again.<br>
Good luck in the contest.<br>
J.<br>

--
SCCC on the Web:          http://sccc.contesting.com/