[SCCC] Master.dta

Alan C. Zack k6acz@earthlink.net
Fri, 04 Oct 2002 17:55:58 -0700

Hello Jim,
Thank you for your opinion.  I sure this subject, like most, will have many
opinions.  My opinion is that if there is a tool available for my use, and
it is legal for me to use it, then I may use if if I like.  If you don't
like the check partial usage of CT, then don't use it.  But until the
contest rules come out and say it can't be used, then I will.
My main point is during any contest some of the DX asks me for many repeats
of my call trying to work me.  If they type in K6A something and the check
partial shows him my call, and he asks, is it K6ACZ?, that lets him go back
to the pileup or calling CQ instead of wasting a lot of time trying to pull
my call thru the noise or QRM.  You must be careful as the call you see on
the check partial list may not be the call you hear in the QRM.  Just like
using PACKETCLUSTER, don't believe everything you see posted.
I also use the electronic keyer feature of my rig for CW contests, as well
as program my keyboard for CW exchanges.  Do you want me to go back to my
straight key?
The check partial tool of CT is there to use, and it is legal.  But this
tool has been downgraded and I'm asking that it be restored to what it used
to be.
In my case the check partial is put to a bigger use to check for dupes.  If
you don't use check partial how do you check for dupes?
73