[SCCC] Master.dta

Jim McCook w6ya@cox.net
Sat, 05 Oct 2002 01:24:23 +0000

Hi again, Alan,

I understand it is legal to use super check partial.  It has nothing to
do with legality, only a personal standard.

The other aids you mentioned, such as checking for dupes, using a keyer
or keyboard, computer logging, are a completely different subject.  Not
comparable at all to using super check partial.

In Writelog, which I use, as in CT, you can check for dupes without
using SUPER check partial.  CHECK partial is a different function.  To
check your own log for dupes is not to be compared to checking against a
known database, which I still refer to as a "cheat sheet."

Obviously the use of super check partial as you describe makes it
EASIER.  I am saying it may not be right for some people because of
personal judgment or personal standards.

Some of us don't believe in packet in contesting, either.  We won't go
there now, but you may have noticed that even the east coasters, who
originated this huge dependence, have started backing off with the use
of packet in contesting.

73, Jim
W6YA