[SCCC] [Fwd: [NCCC] FS: TX-455 tower, XM-7 Tribander]

John Orton wa6bob at arrl.net
Sun Sep 10 20:32:39 EDT 2006

-------- Original Message --------
Subject: 	[NCCC] FS: TX-455 tower, XM-7 Tribander
Date: 	Sun, 10 Sep 2006 16:38:33 -0700
From: 	Kevin Normoyle <knormoyle at surfnetusa.com>
To: 	nccc at contesting.com

I have a US Towers TX-455 on the ground for sale.
I got it used but never put it up. It's about 6 yrs old I believe,
in very nice shape. I think it was only up for maybe 2 yrs.
Could probably use it without even changing the cables.
I have the right J bolts and anchor plate/nuts/bolts for it, so you're ready
to go with a hole and concrete. (although I would always recommend
new bolts to the plate at the tower)

Coax arms and thrust bearing also.

Also have a Cushcraft X7 tribander for sale.
some online reviews here: http://www.eham.net/reviews/detail/541
although I know everyone here has more insight into the pros
and cons.

The X7 was up for 2 years if I remember right, (I bought it new)
and has been down at ground level partly disassembled
on sawhorses for maybe 1.5 yrs.
Some tree sap I need to clean off, but no corrosion. Nice shape.
It's only partly dissassembled. Since there a lot of pieces, it'd
be ideal to minimally disassemble further for travel.

Both are near Oakhurst CA right now. About 180 mi from Bay Area.

I am willing/able to deliver with a long stake truck, if buyer covers
the cost of diesel in Oakhurst, to most anywhere in CA (I'm easy!)

Price: Just looking for the going rate. I expect it's around
50% of current retail, but if there's any question about worth, I'd
be willing to listen.

Don't have pictures right now, but could get them within the next
week.

Feel free to forward to any potential buyers.

reason: I have 2 crankups already. Was planning on putting tower + x-7
back up together for a 3rd, but have since decide not to.
Anything sitting around for a year means: it's got to go!

Thanks
Kevin Normoyle
KE6RAD
knormoyle at surfnetusa.com