[SCCC] N6PE ARRL 160

rick darwicki n6pe at yahoo.com
Mon Dec 3 16:16:26 EST 2007

2007 ARRL 160 METER CONTEST
Call used: N6PE Location: ORG
Category: Single Op Single Band Mode: CW Power: High
Hours of Operation: 15:35
TOTAL 375  Qs 72 Sections 7 countries  =  61,146 Points
Club or Team Name: SCCC

Comments:

The rain got into my multi-turn loop so it didn't work the first night, I fixed it but was too tired to work much athe second night.

160 is like golf, no matter how bad it is something brings you back. RW0 answering my whimpy CQ, HL trying to get thru over my noise and working 2 new ones as an example.

The weird CW was from running NA on Windows XP. The clock kept losing time so I was rebooting every 15 mins if calling CQ. (known problem thanks Doug N6RT). For the second night I put the rig on a DOS laptop and it went a lot better.

There didn't seem to be as much DX on this year as past years. About a week ago I heard many downtown EU stations, but none in the contest.

Only 45 to go for DXCC hi hi with is little antenna and my high noise, I may not make it.

Thanks to all for the repeats.

73, Rick