[SCCC] springless key

Radiodan-W7RF rfpower at radiodan.com
Wed Dec 26 21:39:12 EST 2007

 Loren,

Personally, I do not like magnetic tension as it is not linear in it's
tension as the lever is pulled away from the magnet. The farther you get
away from the magnet, the less tension there is, even through just the short
throw on the lever movement (depending somewhat on how close you like the
adjustment).
With a conventional spring system, the spring tension is unchanged in the
short throw of the paddle.

I like a very short throw in my iambic paddle and prefer a simple vibroplex.
The make a single lever and iambic in their basic model and can be had for
about $75 used in good condx.

Regards, Dan Magro W7RF
Multiple power ranges from ONE Bird element, ask me how!
HENRY RF Power Amplifiers
BIRD RF power measuring, TOHTSU coaxial relays
SAMLEX power supply, RFI snap-on chokes
www.radiodan.com RFpower at radiodan.com