[SCCC] NAQP-SSB W6TK

Dick Stepanian w6tk at juno.com
Sun Jan 21 16:59:19 EST 2007

                    North American QSO Party, SSB

Call: W6TK
Operator(s): W6TK
Station: W6TK

Class: Single Op LP
QTH: CA
Operating Time (hrs): 9.5

  160:    0     0
   80:  106    34
   40:  126    36
   20:  590    55
   15:   36    17
   10:    0     0
-------------------
Total:  858   142  Total Score = 121,836

Club: Southern California Contest Club

Team: SCCC #2

        Equipment:  Ft-1000MP - Mk-V
        Ant:             10-20 Mtrs - Explorer 14 at 50 Ft
                           40 Meter: Dipole
                           80 Meter:  1/4 wave slopper

Comments:  Wasn't able to get started until 1 hour after the start and 15
was starting to die out.  Moved to 20
and it went like gang-busters.  I kept thinking it was going to stop
anytime...but it kept going and going.
I don't think I've ever had these kind of runs on 20...and really only
100W and Explorer 14 at 50 Ft...guess
that is how things go when everything is "right".  First hour was at 150,
then 120 for next two hours then still
around 100/hr for couple more.  I thought with 20 being so good maybe 40
and 80 would be great too...
but no so much joy.....strange conditions and lot more work try to keep
rate and get mults.  Overall...turned out to
be one of my better efforts over the last several of QP's.  Results
helped make it even "funner".  More to come...
73's Dick - W6TK