[SCCC] Services for Phil Goetz, N6ZZ

M L MacMedan n6no at arrl.net
Sat Mar 10 15:19:28 EST 2007

Dick, N6AA:

Thanks for relaying the sad news about Phil, N6ZZ.  I never met him
personally, but once we hams QSO, we feel we have met the person
anyway.  I have worked him many times over the years and he was a
great contester and first class operator.
He gave me lots of information about operating from Zone 2.

I last worked him during the 2006 CQ WW CW contest where he hid
behind the call PZ5ZY and gave me two new band-entities.  After I
heard of his death, one of many thoughts that ran through my head was
"I'll never get his QSL now, I'll have to work Suriname again."  But,
as usual, he was right on top of things: his PZ5ZY logs had been
promptly sent to LoTW, and when I checked, I found that I already had
my credits electronically!  What a guy!  We will all miss him ...
Please pass along my condolences to his family and friends.

The contest is over, Phil, but its sweet memory lingers on.

73,
- - Merv, N6NO