[SCCC] KQ6ES JARTS RTTY

John Simmons kq6es at roadrunner.com
Mon Oct 22 14:12:55 EDT 2007

JARTS WW RTTY Contest

Call: KQ6ES
Class: Single Op LP
QTH: CA

 Band  QSOs  Pts  Mults
------------------------------------
   20:      37     84    17
------------------------------------
Total:     37     84    17  Total Score = 1428

Club: Southern California Contest Club

I got home from vacation Saturday and spent the evening setting up the Rigblaster Pro which had arrived a few days before.  There are a few more things to set up but to my pleasant surprise all basic keying and computer interfacing worked nicely on the first try.  This contest was a couple of Sunday hours exercise with the Rigblaster and MMTTY.  I really did enjoy being able to do RTTY with so little effort, especially now that I have learned how to use the radio's settings for filtering and have more confidence with the mode.  When I get MMTTY interfaced with my logger I will be (almost) out of excuses and ready to see what I can do in the next contest.

Rig:  FT-1000MP
Antenna:  A3 at 20 feet

John kq6es