[SCCC] SCCC Web Site Updates

Dennis Younker NE6I at cox.net
Tue Sep 23 00:19:42 EDT 2008

Hi Bruce,

I wasn't sure whether you were still the one doing updates.  At any rate, it
would be great to hear from other club members about what they would like to
see on the site. It seems to be under utilized at the moment.

I would enjoy seeing a short monthly article written by one of our club
members. Could be an interview of another club member, tips for newcomers or
little pistols, an equipment review, or just about anything contest related.

I think it would also be nice to post recent club member scores.

I'm sure others have even better ideas.

Why is contesting.com interested in us finding a new home?  We certainly
aren't using much space, and I can't imagine that we're generating much
monthly traffic.  It would be nice to have our own domain name.
Unfortunately, SCCC is already taken. However, our club bulletin name,
SCCCORE is available, as is SoCalContestClub.

Perhaps one of our club members has a hosting plan where we could place our
club web site without incurring charges.  My own plan could be used for
additional domains but there is a nominal monthly charge to do so.
(Unfortunately, my plan doesn't include an unlimited number of domains.)  I
do have plenty of space, however.

Alternatively, we could move to QSL.net.  In my past experience with them,
their free service was sometimes slow, especially in the evening.  Maybe we
could live with that if we want to continue at no cost.  Tonight, their web
site seems to be quite fast.

--Dennis, NE6I