[SCCC] NAQP CW W4EF Single Op LP

Michael Tope W4EF at dellroy.com
Sun Aug 8 23:47:22 PDT 2010

                     North American QSO Party, CW - August

Call: W4EF
Operator(s): W4EF
Station: W4EF

Class: Single Op LP
QTH: CA
Operating Time (hrs): 1:55

   160:   7      2
    80:  63     18
    40:
    20:
    15:
    10:
-------------------
Total:  70     20  Total Score = 1,400

Club:
Team:
Comments:

Rig: FT1000MP MKV
Ant: 160M Inverted-L

I listened a little on 20 meters early in the contest while catching up
on paperwork. The band sounded really good. Not a peep on 15, however.
In fact, 20 sounded so good, I thought about driving to my remote QTH
for the last half of the contest, but I had too many competing
priorities, so I decided to play around on 80 and 160 from my home
station during the last 2 hours.

Static levels on 80 meters were high, but I still could hear a lot of
stations who couldn't hear me. In contrast a number of those stations
who couldn't hear me seemed to be hearing other 6's which adds to my
suspicion that my 160 meter inverted-L is suffering the ill effects of
my limited space ground radial system as well as all the close-in
clutter (the two-story house and the 60'pine tree both just a few feet
from the vertical radiator).

Despite my PW signal it was great fun handing out a few QSOs in the last
hours of the contest.

73, Mike W4EF/6