[SCCC] Prep for CQWW

W6ph at aol.com W6ph at aol.com
Wed Nov 24 22:51:19 PST 2010

In preparation for the CQWW CW I raised my three AB-577's up in the back
yard of
our place in the Alabama Hills.  I have a 40-2CD on the first one, a 3 el
20m yagi (23
foot boom) on the second, and a 5 el 15m yagi (26.5 ft boom WD8IXE design)
on the
third mast.  I plan to use my A3S on the permanent tower (40 ft Rohn 25)
for 10 meters.
I have a half sloper off the 40m mast for 80m and it worked pretty well in
the SS.  I
am still mulling over what to do for 160m.

The last couple mornings I have worked some Europeans via the LP on 40m.
But the
upper bands were void of any European signals.  The WWV solar flux is at
the lowest
point in the last few months and I was hoping for conditions like we had
for SSB.  It's
less than 48 hours until the start and things don't look that good
propagation wise.

Tomorrow morning I will check my radio and computer to make sure everything
is still
working.  (TS-930S AL-1200 and CT-DOS 9.57)  I will download the latest
master.dat
and the latest country files and not forget to check the correct time in
the computer.

The NG3K list of announced operations is awesome.  Even if the conditons
aren't that
good, it should be possible to rack up 100 or more countries on 20 meters
without
internet spotting and at least 75 countries on 40 and 15.

The CQWW CW is the premier contest of the year and I'm looking forward to an
enjoyable weekend.  I hope everyone does well and beats their previous
years'
scores.  KB.
                                        73, Kurt, W6PH (Lone Pine)