[SCCC] Dow Key 110vac coaxial relay w/ UHF , connectors? (Which morphed into Skimmer)

Jim Neiger n6tj at sbcglobal.net
Fri Oct 22 19:13:00 PDT 2010

Not sure what you mean about "advancing age", Larry.  Not me...........

Oh, I have no problem with advancing technology.  MY singular problem is the
having someone else find the DX ; maybe figuring out the correct  call-sign,
and then think they're doing something that resembles skill,
DXing,"operating", etc.  Might as well get out the white pages, and call on
the twisted pair.

Yes, Chas UQF was indeed 'special', in many regards.  Always fun/funny to
know.

Well, in my 35 years of contesting before ever using a computer,
pen/pencil/eraser/paper  was the norm.  It's all we had.  Can't say my 5704
QSO's in the 1969 ARRL DX CW were logged "meticulously": pen/ink on legal
size tablet, before memory keyers even (I guess I did demean my skills by
using a Hallicrafters HA-1 electronic  keyer), but it was a new world
record, and special to me 'cuz  I did it without any crutches.  This is
undoubtedly boring to read; sorry.  But unless one has experienced the
Golden Years, it's impossible to relate.

By the way, I have a TR-7 in the closet.  Doesn't it have vacuum tubes?
Glenn said I can borrow his J-38.  Let's go, Larry.

73

Jim  N6TJ