[SCCC] ARRL 10 K6GEP(@N6WIN) SO Mixed HP

Bill Haddon haddon.bill at gmail.com
Tue Dec 13 22:25:46 PST 2011

An SSB fanatic might want to avoid a call containing a Z.  "Zulu" and
"Zebra" are soft and stations struggle.  F and O are only rarely a problem
with foxtrot oscar or fox oscar.   Can't think of a better phonetic for Z
though. Sometimes I switch to Zebra in desperation, which should be better,
but it's non-standard.

But odd problems can show up on cw as well. . . on 160 meters, JA's
frequently respond to me as "N6RO" . Ken is so well known on the band plus
the fact that in Morse, RO is imbedded in ZFO  . .if the Z and the first
dit of F disappear in a fade, the residual is N6RO.

73 Bill n6zfo