[SCCC] Moving Towers

Michael Tope W4EF at dellroy.com
Tue Aug 21 12:29:50 EDT 2012

I need to move a pile of old towers including three large crank-ups
(21ft nested length) at the end of this week. I can rent a 26' truck
from U-Haul, but at $0.99/mile and 9 MPG it is going to get pretty
expensive given the distance I need to travel (~150 miles). U-Haul has
trailers which are much cheaper (they don't charge mileage), but they
are too short for carrying the crank-ups. Does anyone know where I can
rent a modest sized flatbed trailer in the LA or Palmdale area? I have a
Ford Ranger 4x4 which has reasonable towing capacity (class III frame
hitch).

73, Mike W4EF............