[SCCC] Bureau Envelopes

W6ph--- via SCCC sccc at contesting.com
Wed Apr 29 23:23:01 EDT 2015

I'm the P sorter.  I have a lot of envelopes from either SK's or  people
who no longer hold a call sign.  I recycle those envelopes at no  charge and
only charge for postage.  It's more work to cover old addresses  and add new
addresses but that is part of the job.  We are getting mailings  around
March, July, and November (plus or minus) and it takes me about eight  hours to
sort, address, update my Excel file, and mail envelopes of QSL's.   After I
mail the envelopes, I send my Excel file to NE6I who keeps the bureau  web
site up to date and people can view their account status there.  NE6I  is the
guy behind the curtain and does a great job keeping up the bureau web  site.

I don't know what the other sorters are doing but I suspect they do close
to the same thing.  Most of the sorter's call signs are listed on the
_www.qslbureau.org_ (http://www.qslbureau.org)  web site and you can  contact them
directly if you have questions pertaining to your QSL's, account  status,
or anything else.  I would recommend that funds for your postage be  mailed
directly to the QSL Bureau in Fairfax, CA.

Just some random thoughts.

73, Kurt W6PH

In a message dated 4/29/2015 11:02:11 P.M. Eastern Daylight Time,