[SCCC] ARRL 10M - WN6K - SOLP CW

PAUL DOREY wn6k at sbcglobal.net
Mon Dec 14 06:57:54 EST 2015

          ARRL 10-Meter Contest

Call: WN6K
Operator(s): WN6K
Station: WN6K

Class: SO CW LP
QTH: Vista, CA
Operating Time (hrs): 15-1/2

  CW:  704    68
  SSB:
-------------------
Total:  704    68  Total Score = 191,488

Club: Southern California Contest Club

Comments:Conditions were pretty fair - no EU and only a few JAs. Missed: WY. KS NE & SD for WAS. It is always tough to get those close in states (K6LL in AZ was only one there I think) but the experienced 10m folk know to 'POINT AT THE EQUATOR' and something will bounce back. Worked almost all the 'common VEs (missed MB but got YT - VY1AAA on backscatter)
I went over to the 'darkside' on Saturday afternoon when the band kinda fell on its face a worked a few (6) on SSB to ensure that the band had really gone south - it had - so although not claimed, those that thought you worked me - did.
Finally for the REALLY observant, yes I am doing this report at 3:51 in the morning - hazard of weekend contesting is I am bagged when its finished and I fell asleep at 1900 hours and woke up bright eyed (certainly not bushy tailed) at 3:30  in the morning.
Even though John - K6AM told me they were considering Saturday doing the "WN6K BOOK MODE" at W6YI Operations, NO BOOKS were harmed in this contest.
WN6K. Paul