[SCCC] ARRL 10M W6PH SOABHP CW

W6ph at aol.com W6ph at aol.com
Mon Dec 14 09:40:34 EST 2015

                    ARRL 10-Meter Contest

Call: W6PH

Operator(s): W6PH

Station: W6PH

Class: SO CW HP

QTH: Lone Pine CA

 Band  QSOs  Mults

-------------------

   CW: 1128    98

  SSB:

-------------------

Total: 1128    98  Total Score = 442,176

Club: Bishop ARC

Comments:

Equipment:  K3 Expert 1.3K-FA  Win-Test 4.11

Antenna:  5 el yagi at 60 feet (temporary on AB-577)

What a surprise this weekend.  After Friday night with one CW contact I
thought

I was going to be listening to a lot of white noise all weekend.  I delayed

going out to the shack on Saturday morning until 8 am and was totally
surprised

at the activity.  I figure I lost 1 1/2 hours.  Endless answers to my CQ's
until

1:30 pm when the band shut down abruptly and only PY's and LU's coming
through.

I didn't hear any JA's or other Asia nor any Europe other than two EA
stations.

Pacific is real tough for me as most signals are low angle and I have 14,000

foot mountains five miles west of me (Mt Whitney)resulting in one VK, one
ZL,

and three KH6's.

It was absolutely amazing to see all the signals on the P3 disappear in a

matter of minutes around 1:30 pm leaving a few very strong PY and LU
spikes.

I missed two states, WY and KS.  I have no idea why I missed KS.

The 98 mults break down to 28 DX and 70 W/VE/XE.

73, Kurt W6PH