[SCCC] W6KC/7- 2021 CQ WPX CW SOAB LP and POTA

Jim Stockwell jim at vistasierra.com
Mon May 31 15:48:45 EDT 2021

Call: W6KC
Operator(s): W6KC
Station: W6KC/7

Class: SOAB LP
QTH: Manzanita OR
Operating Time (hrs): 6
Location: USA
160:
80:
40:         67
20:         69
15:         5
10:
Total:    141        Prefixes 104       Total Score         26,312

I'm on vacation operating portable on the Oregon coast in Manzanita OR.  Using a 60 ft EFLW zig-zagged through the trees at about 25ft and a Yaesu FT991A running 100 watts. It was a challenge making QSOs with a low wire antenna in the trees but I managed to work 20 countries plus a bunch of NA stations.

I also did a POTA on 5/26/21 from K-2845, Nehalem Bay State Park, which is located right next to Manzanita. I made a total of 50 QSOs, mostly on 20M CW, during my 2 hours in the park. My 36 ft EFLW was up only about 20 ft, but I had several good DX QSOs including VY1JA, a station in Maine and one in Brazil.

73,  Jim W6KC/7