[SCCC] Arizona consideration

Timothy Coker n6win at yahoo.com
Mon Apr 4 21:27:31 EDT 2022

A lot of people buy real estate first and then think ham later. Kurt has the order correct… I’d of never made an offer for a property that didn’t meet ham radio conditions first. That’s just me… not everyone is as serious about radio and allow family, work, etc to take priority. Once I retired I asked myself what’s been with me most of my life? Radio, shooting, and family. Those were the priorities in choosing land and all three had to be ok here.
Don’t get me wrong, my wife had to like the property too. However, this property met all the check boxes and we executed. As new neighbors come in they are very friendly. I do what I can to make peace with those who choose to have an opinion on another’s land but there is often no real changing of one’s personal opinions. That’s fine as I have mine too but have learned to check it at my property line so as not to be a hypocrite on the matter. Even helping by allowing a WISP on my towers brought forth negative reaction to an area underserved with broadband.
Arizona has a lot of people moving to it with different opinions. Hopefully they leave the differing thoughts where they came from… I know that was the primary question I was asked when I began construction. Nothing wrong with a difference of opinion, but that’s how it tends to be asked in my area. Even then those “like minded” people have opinions.
I doubt anything is perfect and if AZ isn’t for someone then no need to justify it. Plenty of other amazing states to call home.
Like someone mentioned… if bicycling is your primary passion, you wouldn’t want to live where I do. The best place for one man isn’t the best for another.
73,
Tim / N6WIN

Sent from Yahoo Mail for iPhone