[SCCC] SCCCORE March Edition Now Available

Bill Shell - N6WS n6ws at n6ws.com
Wed Mar 1 14:35:00 EST 2023

As a novice, I do remember working guys using an Adventurer or
Challenger, but I think the most popular rigs in 1960 were the DX20,
DX35, and DX40 transmitters by Heathkit.  I remember after hearing 'TX
is DX', I would always be guessing which numbers were going to follow.
Of course, back then my novice code speed was slow enough that I had
time to think between characters.

73, Bill
N6WS

On 3/1/2023 10:05 AM, Bruce Horn wrote:
> I would have loved to have started out with a Johnson Ranger, like one of my buddies had, but spent the first 11 months of my non-renewable Novice license trying to get a surplus ARC-5 transmitter working. Finally, gave up and my mother agreed to pay for a Heathkit DX-60. Later added the companion Heathkit VFO when I upgraded to General.
>
> 73 de Bruce, WA7BNM   (bhorn at hornucopia.com)

73, Bill
N6WS