[sd-user] IARU

Jim Martin, MM0BQI MM0BQI@THErsgb.NET
Mon, 16 Jul 2001 15:40:42 +0100

I managed a few hours in the IARU contest this weekend and came across a few
funnies.
When using rig control  SD does not always follow the radio.  This is
intermittent. The frequency and mode displays under the call window read the
correct frequency and mode at all times but the BAND will not change.  If
you log a QSO it is logged against the wrong band.  The frequency and mode
are correctly read at all times.  It is only the band which does not change.
The problem also shows up using a different PC and an Icom rig.  Has anyone
else experienced this ?
My QSO window for the IARU is showing a strange number of mults.  Is this
because it only shows the zone mults and ignores the HQ ones.  The sum and
mlt files look fine as far as I can tell.
When using the call window to type in a frequency to QSY to it only accepts
4/5 digits. I would find it useful to have 5/6 digits for CW work.
Anyone had a chance to try out the new version of SDI ? Any comments ?
Looking forward to working everyone in the IOTA contest
Jim

                                 *****    EU92  IOTA DXpedition   GB5SI  and
MM0BQI /P    *****
                *****  26th July-5th August 2001  IOTA Contest and Holiday