[SD-User] SDI

Paul O'Kane paul@ei5di.com
Wed, 31 Jul 2002 00:22:12 +0100

Jim MM0BQI said:

> I encountered only one minor problem which was when
> I entered an invalid IOTA Ref. Under certain conditions
> the program locked up, the PC beeped and everything had
> to be switched off and on.

> This example fails all the time on both my PCs
> call F4E serial1 Ref EUE

Sorry, but I can't reproduce this problem - I don't know why.  We
used SDI at EJ4F (yes SDI CAN be used for multi-op) and it didn't
crash or lock-up at any time.

If anyone can reliably make SDI freeze, please let me have a copy
of your .ALL fie and the EXACT key sequence that does the trick!

Fraser G4BJM asked:

> would it be possible to have SD modify the sdconfig.txt
> file on the fly?

It should be possible - I'll check it out.  If so, I'd have to do
it after every change that would affect sdconfig.txt.  In the
meantime, there are two options that will work. They are
1. leave the program after updating any of the keyer memories
2. edit sdconfig.txt directly  (this is safe - SD will ignore any
parameters it doesn't recognise).

73,
Paul EI5DI