[SD-User] SDI CW Keying from Win98

Paul O'Kane paul at ei5di.com
Fri Jul 18 21:49:20 EDT 2003

----- Original Message -----
From: <Gmradioham at aol.com>

> SDI V 10.01. Everything except CW keying from
> serial/parallel port is working perfectly.
> When keying, the CW slows down after a character or two
> and 'slurs' the  characters until the end of the buffer.

Jim and others,

This isn't something I've experienced so far.  When
developing SD/WIN I noticed that the first dot or dash
was sometimes slow, and I use the PTT delay to get round
this problem.

Please try SD/WIN on your PCs and let me know if the CW
is any better than with SDI or SD/DOS.

If it is better, then I'll update SDI along the lines of
SD/WIN for next year's contest.

73,
Paul EI5DI