[SD-User] SD v11.00

Paul O'Kane pokane at ei5di.com
Fri Aug 20 17:42:13 EDT 2004

----- Original Message -----
From: "David Gould" <david.gould at btinternet.com>

> I am having trouble trying to size the window.

If you're running XP, you can right-click on the shortcut
icon used to start XP.  Select Properties, then Fonts.
You can save your preferred startup setting, so that SD will
always start with your preferred font - and the corresponding
window size.

With Win98, click the MS-DOS icon at the top LHS of the
Window.  Select Properties, then Fonts. Choose a font and
then Apply.  Unfortunately, you may have to do this each
time you run SD, as the older versions of Windows don't seem
to save their settings.

> 3) Using Alt-Enter enlarges the screen, but the RH
> edge disappears.

If you're running WinXP, use the BORDER command in SD to set
the border to 0, before you try Alt-Enter.  You'll find that
SD then looks exactly like it used to under DOS, except that
the background colour options are not exactly the same.  With
Win98, a border of 0 (and true full-screen) is not possible.

> I also think there may be a small bug with the CQWW 160
> contest type.  When starting up this contest it defaults
> to 80m!!!

As it happens, 80m is the default for all contests, unless
you're using rig control.  However, it would make sense to
make the band correspond to single-band contests such as
CQWW 160 and ARRL 10. I'll change that for the next update.

73,
Paul EI5DI