[SD-User] cabrillo and print file

Dave Sergeant dave at davesergeant.com
Wed Jul 6 08:41:29 EDT 2005

On 6 Jul 2005 at 10:06, Dieter Klaschka wrote:

> Dear Paul,
>     I used SD 11.07 as my active version
> Type 11, general
> for the ORIGINAL QRP ctest recently.
> (it requires rx:
> rst-serials-class(qrp/qro/mp/vlp) and prefixes should be marked for
> the evaluation by the team; no points need to be calculated)
>
> Logging was vy OK. I liked the position of the cursor
> within the rst after the second figure to quickly change outgoing and
> incoming rst.
>
> There is enough space to write the in-characters:
> rst-serial-class and even parts of the name or notes/  e.g.IOTA nbr.
>
> The prt file shows that all.
>
> My question:
> cabrillo does not fully display it.
>  "Q" could be QRP or QRO.
> Is 'the rest' hidden in cabrillo??
> Will  all be sent  a s   t y p e d   in to the ctest managers
> nevertheless?
>
> I can edit it anyway and even add the  country- prefixes after the
> ctest. Will that be sent then as well or is cabrillo restricted to the
> shown characters/figures due to the set-up ?
>
> Is there a better set up for the OQRP where this all plus the DXCC
> pref. will also be displayed (without even calculating points)?
>
> cabrillo:
> QSO:  7000 CW 2005-07-02 1516 DL2BQD        559 001    DF9DX
> 559 006Q
>
> print file, DF, TA edited  manually:
> 02-Jul-05  1516    7  CW  DF9DX        559 001  559 006QRP         DF
>
> 03-Jul-05  0847   14  CW  TA3BN/0      599 052  599 QROAS154       TA
>

> I sent in my edited prt. file showing exactly all entries required but
> they wanted to have a cabrillo version or an STF one.
>
> Thanks for your answer in advance.
> 72! Dieter.DL2BQD
>
> PS there is a logging programme by DL8WAA, LM contest software
> www.lm4de
> which supports a lot of ctests, including OQRP,
> but which is  preferrably used to convert paper logs quickly into PC
> logs and necessary formats for the log entry. I wanted to avoid
> writing on paper and putting in all after the ctest then. Brrrrrr!!!
> I'd like to stay with SD of course.

Dieter and others

I also entered OQRP and spent some time sorting out the various
options having used SD 11.06 for logging.

In fact the best way is to use DL8WAA's LM software (recommended one
for producing OQRP logs) to input SD's .PRT output as a text import.
In LM you can define where the various fields are in the input file
with a reasonably user friendly interface. Then use LM to output the
.STF (or Cabrillo) in the correct format for OQRP, and a correctly
formatted ADIF file without the mangled received serial numbers.
Seems a very useful techique for all these contests with unusual
exchanges.

LM looks an interesting package for post contest entering, but does
not support most of the RSGB contests (apart from IOTA). It cannot
handle SD's .ALL output as the band data is a single digit (1-6)
rather than a real band or frequency. And it cannot get the correct
received data from SD's ADIF output either. I note also the SD's .TXT
back up file does not contain the date information either!

73 Dave G3YMC

http://www.davesergeant.com